Monday, October 8, 2012

First Impression: September Glossybox USA

As you know, I am already subscribed to Birchbox, ipsy (formerly known as myglam), and Julep Maven.  When Glossybox came to the U.S., I debated joining.  The products looked pretty good, but it is a little pricier than other subscription services.  After August's awesome box, I seriously considered it and then I got an email from Refinery29 about a limited edition box curated by them.  So, I decided to sign up.  The deal was 2 regular Glossyboxes and 1 Refinery29 box.


So, here's my first Glossybox:


I got this on September 26, but was waiting for a reply from Glossybox before posting my first impression.  I have received a response and can now say that this box was almost a TOTAL MISS for me.  I was super excited for the BB Cream, but also a little hesitant.  I don't think it's a good idea for these sample boxes to give out samples of concealer, foundation, etc. because they can't know if it will match the person it's going to.  But BB Creams tend to oxidize and usually end up matching Asian skin tones nicely.  So I was thinking it would be okay, since most BB Creams only come in 1 or 2 shades.  Unfortunately, this Missha one comes in like 4 shades and they gave me the lightest color, #13, which is way too light for me.  I emailed them and asked if it was possible to exchange it for #21, which would fit me better, and this is what they responded with:


No, it didn't help.  Okay, I understand they can't give me a different one.  But this response just sounds like they didn't read my email at all!  I said it was TOO LIGHT and they're telling me to mix it with a foundation that may be too light for me or use it as bronzer.  WHAT?!

I don't know what I'm going to do with the Missha BB Cream.  I can't even review it properly because it's too light!  I might try to find a way to make it work, but for now, it's a miss.  Then there's the Professional Mattifying Gel.  I don't have a problem with oil, so I'm not sure what this will do for me or if it will help me at all.  Another miss.  The Global Keratin Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner is supposed to keep hair and smooth free for up to 5 months.  But my hair is pretty flat, so I'd rather have volume.  I'll have to test this out.  At least it smells good!  And finally, the lipstick.  It's a nice pink color and looks like the only thing in this box that I will for sure get use out of!

Really, I don't know what the point of that survey/quiz was if they're not going to take it into account when sending products that need specific color choices.  The only nice thing about this box was that 3 of the 5 items were full-size.

Strike 1, Glossybox.  2 more to go.  Let's hope it gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...