Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SWATCH+REVIEW: Avon - Teal Waters

I can't believe how fast August is passing by!  That means the summer is almost over! :(

But to help prolong it a little longer, I have swatches of a polish that totally reminds me of summer.  It's a polish by Avon called Teal Waters, and I believe this was a limited edition.  I have a few polishes by Avon, but don't remember the last one I wore one as a manicure.  This particular one is my Mom's.  I saw it lying around and thought it was pretty, so I decided to swatch it.

Teal Waters is a frosty pastel aqua color that totally reminds me of crystal clear waters at some island resort.  The name is perfect for it!  Unfortunately, it did not apply so well.  I already had inklings of doom for my swatches, when I saw how small the brush was.  As mentioned previously, small brushes and I don't mix well.


Though the color is pretty, I'm not a fan of frosty polish.  I probably would've liked this a lot more if it was a creme polish.  The formula was very thin, taking three coats to get some kind of opacity, and it applied streakily. As you can see in the pictures below, I ended up with some bald spots, even with 4 coats.

outdoors, sunlight

indoors, natural light

I wouldn't recommend this particular polish.  If you're looking for this kind of color, check out other brands.  This type of color is a pretty hot color right now, so I'm sure you can find a dupe.  If not a dead-on dupe, at least something very similar.  As for Avon polish in general, I'll have to try a few more before I can say for sure.  After all, other brands don't have a 100% success rate either.

Have you tried this color or any other Avon polishes?
What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...