Friday, December 21, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge: Day 9 - Christmas Tree


Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree~ 



I was excited to do these Christmas tree nails specifically, once I saw the challenge list.  I had seen Pshiiit's Instagram of Christmas tree nails that she had done, and I thought that really nice!  She had a tutorial, so I decided to try them.

For my base, I used Layla Softtouch 02.  I'm not sure if it has a name other than its number, as I can't find one on the bottle.  This was a very pretty, sparkly gold color (and I will have swatched of it on its own, once 12 days is over haha).  After that, I taped up my nails and applied China Glaze Winter Holly. Then I just took some red and white, dotting around to make ornaments on the filled in trees.  I thought the Pshiit-style trees looked cool on their own, so I didn't add anything to those.  What do you think?  Which tree version do you like better? :)


Please also check out the other participants of this challenge:
XOXO Alexis Leigh
Purple Castle
It's All About the Polish
A Ginger's Nail
The Polished Mommy
Robyn Loves Nails
Teen Polish Junkie
Fancy Schmancy Nails
Mari522 (on Instagram)
nailzbyroro (on Instagram)
Artigo Beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...