Sunday, December 9, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge: Day 4 - Candy Cane Nails!


I was on track with this challenge and meant to post my Candy Cane nails yesterday, but I went to a family birthday party and the day just got away from me, haha.  So here they are now!



To create this manicure, I used two coats of Julep Kate as my base.  Then I used striping tape to create the lines.  I had to double up the tape to create the thicker lines, but I didn't put them close enough on several of my nails, as you can see, and some of the red bled through. :/  It was my first time using striping tape, so I'm learning from this.  But still, I like how it turned out!  The red I used was Butter London Knees Up, and I finished it off with one coat of Seche Vite.  First time doing Candy Cane nails, and I'd say it's a success!  :)

Also, please check out the other participants of this challenge:
XOXO Alexis Leigh
Purple Castle
It's All About the Polish
A Ginger's Nail
The Polished Mommy
Robyn Loves Nails
Teen Polish Junkie
Fancy Schmancy Nails
Mari522 (on Instagram)
nailzbyroro (on Instagram)
Artigo Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...