Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge: Day 6 - Snowman


I'm so behind on this challenge!  I underestimated how much studying I would be doing for my finals this past week, and I went to a holiday party yesterday.  So I didn't have time to do my Snowman nails until today!  And, of course, all the other days got pushed back because of that.  But I'm trying to get caught up!  I might post two tomorrow so that I'll be all caught up and ready to do my Christmas tree nails.  Pretty excited about that one!  Hahaha

Well, onto the nails!


I wanted to go with a freshly fallen snow kind of background, with snow swirls still floating about.  Now, I haven't ever experienced a snow day, so I had to use my imagination for how that would actually look.  And out in the snow is my snowman!


To create these nails, I started with 1 coat of Sinful Colors Rain Storm, and then layered 2 coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella over that.  This created a pretty blue-gray with a pink shimmer that I hoped would give it more dimension.  It's gorgeous!  Anyway, after I had my base laid down, I sponged on the snow layer at the tips, using Circus by Andrea's Choice in Reverso.  As I said, I was going for swirly snow effect, so I didn't make it perfect and left some patchiness in the snow to try and show some swirling snow, lol.  After that, I created my snowman using dotting tools and more CbAC in Reverso.  Gave him a face and added some arms using Wet N Wild Mega Last Nail Color in Blackmail.  Finished off by adding random falling snow dots and 1 coat of Seche Vite.  Overall, I am quite pleased with how it came out!  I wore it out to the mall and was complimented by several cashiers, haha.


I think my snowman looks a little like Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.  What do you think? xD

Stay tuned for the next set of challenge nails: lights/ornaments, hopefully coming up tomorrow!

In the mean time, please check out the other participants of this challenge:
XOXO Alexis Leigh
Purple Castle
It's All About the Polish
A Ginger's Nail
The Polished Mommy
Robyn Loves Nails
Teen Polish Junkie
Fancy Schmancy Nails
Mari522 (on Instagram)
nailzbyroro (on Instagram)
Artigo Beauty

They have some great nail art! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...