Sunday, November 4, 2012

REVIEW: NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact in Dark Shadows


I received this NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact in Dark Shadows from my Influenster Beauty Bloggers Vox Box 2012.  This was my first time trying a palette from NYC, which is:
"Straight from the city that never sleeps, NYC New York Color offers products with uptown style at down-to-earth prices, from $.99 - $4.99. The energy, style, and color of New York City shines through the wide range of shades, textures and innovative products. NYC always delivers the most on-trend products & shades hot off the runway!"
The colors were very pigmented when swatched, both with the primer and without.  It applied to the eye well and was easy to blend, with little to no fall out.  I used it with the primer in the palette and didn't get any creasing, but then again, I don't have oily eyelids and usually don't experience creasing with use of a primer.  I did experience fading after a few hours though.


I thought the primer was creamy and had a nice consistency.  Same with the illuminator, but I only swatched the illuminator.  I didn't actually use it on my eye because it's basically the same color as the lightest eyeshadow in this palette, but in cream form, so I just opted to use the shadow for my inner corner.  I wish they had included a matte highlight color instead of the lighter shade, since it already comes with that cream illuminator.


Overall, I am quite happy with this palette.  It makes a nice smoky eye and is great for nights out!  But you can also make subtle day looks, if you use just the lighter grays.  It's quite versatile, which surprised me, because when I first saw it, all I thought was SMOKY EYE.  But I actually was able to make a "day" look.  And at $4.99, I think it's a great deal!  Also, it is widely available, since most drugstores, Target, and Wal-Mart carry NYC.  I will definitely be on the lookout for other palettes to try!



DISCLAIMER: I received this mini candle to test and review courtesy of Influenster's Vox Box program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...