Friday, March 1, 2013

SWATCH: Sinful Colors - Sugar Rush and Candy Coated

I stopped by Walgreens on Saturday hoping to find the Sinful Colors Sugar Rush collection because I love pastels and they would be great for Spring!  Also, I wanted to take advantage of the $1 off coupon since it was the last day.

When I got there, I didn't see the display and thought I was out of luck.  But good thing I looked in the regular display!  I don't know about your Walgreens, but the Sinful Colors display at my Walgreens always seems to be in disarray.  Anyway, I picked up 3 from the collection, and I have 2 to show you today!


Click through to see the swatches!
First up is the namesake of the collection, Sugar Rush.  This is a nice sky blue creme, but it's not that unique of a color.  (I will be doing a comparison post with other light blues that I own soon!)  The formula was a bit thick with this one.  Application was a bit uneven at first, but it eventually evened out.  I used 3 coats of polish and 1 coat of Seche Vite.

in the sun

in the shade

Next up is Candy Coated.  This a really pretty blue leaning lilac color, and surprisingly, I don't think I own anything like it.  The formula was okay, a little thick but not as much as Sugar Rush.  Application was about the same as Sugar Rush, a bit streaky at first but evened out later.  I used 3 coats of polish and 1 coat of Seche Vite.

in the sun


I'll have swatches of the third polish soon.  I ran out of sunlight when I was swatching these, lol.  

I'm really liking these, and I'm tempted to go and get the rest of the collection!  But I'm getting a Julep Maven box this month, and that has pastels too, so I'm going to resist...for now.  We'll see!  For now, stay tuned for swatches of Orange Cream and that upcoming light blue comparison post~ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...