Monday, March 18, 2013

Julep Maven: March 2013 It Girl (Shenae, Simone, Teri) Swatches


I finally received my Julep box for March!  It was delayed due to an error in their system, according to an email Julep sent me on March 8th.  I was quite annoyed because they waited so long to let me know, all the while I was waiting and thinking it got lost.  Anyway, I'm glad they fixed it and that the box finally got here!

I almost skipped this one, but in the end, my love of pastels overcame my willpower.  Julep also advertised this collection with a matte top coat, saying that it made the polishes look like sidewalk chalk from our childhood.  I really liked the look of it with the matte top coat, so that was another point in favor of getting it, haha. 



Click through for hand swatches.

Up first is Shenae!  This is a blue-leaning mint polish with a very subtle opalescent shimmer.  You can see the shimmer more in the bottle than on the nail.  This was the color that hooked me this month, like I really need another mint polish, lol.  But really, who could say no to mint?  This surprisingly was not a streaky mess, though it did take me 3 coats to reach the opacity in the swatches below.  The formula was good and, as I said, application was nice for a pastel.

left is in the sun, right is in the shade

I applied a matte top coat to my middle and pinky fingers:

left is in the sun, right is in the shade

Next is Simone, a soft lilac polish with the same subtle opalescent shimmer as Shenae.  This is very pretty girly shade that's perfect for Spring!  Application was a bit streaky at first, but evened out after 3 coats.  The formula was okay, not too thick or thin.

left is in the sun, right is in the shade

And here it is with a matte top coat on my middle and pinky fingers.  I don't have a picture in the sun for this one, doh!

in the shade

Last, but not least, is Teri.  Julep calls this one a "tropical coral pink" but I think it's more of a peachy coral.  It's a bright color that I think would be perfect for the Summer!  The formula on this one was a bit thicker than the other two, but it applied like a dream!  It was not streaky at all and could have even been a 1 coater, but I applied 2 coats for safe measure. :)

left is in the sun, right is in the shade

Again, I applied a matte top coat to my middle and pinky fingers:

left is in the sun, right is in the shade

And that's my Julep Maven box for March 2013!  I really like the matte top coat over pastels!  It really does remind me of sidewalk chalk, thought doesn't seem as noticeable in the sunlight.

I also got Joy as an add-on.  I really liked her, but not enough to be content with the other color in the Boho Glam box, so I just decided to add-on.  I will post swatches of Joy in another post!  Stay tuned! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...