Saturday, March 16, 2013

Google Reader =/= Google Friends Connect

Hello~  This is not makeup related, but I've noticed a lot of other bloggers posting about the disappearance of Google Reader.  I hadn't really thought about how this disappearance would affect following blogs, as I personally don't use it.  But there seems to be some confusion about Google Friend Connect.  I don't believe Google said anything about discontinuing this (yet), but most people seem to think that the end of Google Reader also means the end of GFC.  I don't think that's what it means at all, though who knows...they may phase it out in the future since they really seem to be pushing Google+.

As I said, I don't use Google Reader, but I do follow blogs with GFC.  Instead of Google Reader, I just read my blogs in my Blogger Dashboad.


So, you can still follow me with GFC and read it in your Blogger Dashboard.  But I know this is not as convenient for most people, since this will only work for blogs with GFC (which is only for Blogger now) and most people would like their blogs to be all in one reader.  So, if this is a problem for you, you can follow my blog on Bloglovin' or HelloCotton.

Follow FAIRYTALE CHARM
  My page on Hellocotton

You can also follow me on twitter, where I'll be posting when I update, or by email, through the widget in the sidebar.

Thank you for following!  Hope you enjoy my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...