Saturday, March 23, 2013

SWATCH: L.A. Girl 3D Holographic - Brilliant Blue


Did anyone else know L.A. Girl has a holographic nail polish collection?!  I haven't heard anything about this, but I spotted the display at Rite Aid when I was there earlier this week and it was still pretty full.  I was pretty excited and bought two of the colors!

There are 8 colors all together, and here are some bottle shots of all of them:

 
3D Silver & Electric Coral

 
Teal Dimension & Purple Effect

 
Dazzling Pink & Brilliant Blue

 
Sparkle Ruby & Black Illusion

I pretty much wanted all of the polishes, but limited myself to two: Brilliant Blue and Purple Effect.  Today, I have swatches of Brilliant Blue for you!

Click through for swatches.

Brilliant Blue was the one I reached for first.  Just looking at the bottle, it reminds me of piCture pOlish Cosmos.  I can't say for sure how close they are though, since I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.  (It's definitely one of my lemmings!)


Let me just say right away, if you're looking for a strong linear holo, it's not these.  When you look at the bottle, you can tell that these are scattered holos, and not very strong ones at that...at least that's what I gather from this one that I've swatched so far.  But anyway, Brilliant Blue is a beautiful blue crelly with lots of silver and holographic sparkles.  The holo is most prominent in the sun (obvi), and hardly noticeable at all in the shade or indoors.  Even so, I LOVE this one!  On the nail, the sparkles seem to be suspended in the squishy jelly and does kind of create the look of the night sky IMO.  As the bottle says, it has a sort of 3D effect.  Really pretty!  This polish definitely has depth to it and in addition to that, it was a DREAM to apply!  No problems at all!  The formula was not to thin or too thick, and it went on the nail so fluidly.  No streaks or anything like that, it was great!  I used 3 coats for the photos below and no top coat.  The shine is its own!  But enough of my rambling...

  
left: sun, right: shade

  
close ups in the sun

The one thing I didn't like about this was the shade name sticker on the bottle cap.  I normally wouldn't mind that, but some of the ones in the store were already peeling.  I really dislike when companies put the shade name on something that can be separated from the packaging and get lost/thrown away (i.e. on the safety seal/wrapper).  But that's a very minor issue and doesn't take away from my love of this polish, haha.

But really, I liked it so much I didn't want to take it off after and so...I don't have swatches of the other one I bought, Purple Effect.  That will be coming soon...For now, go run out and buy this!  I highly recommend it, haha. 

I bought this at Rite Aid for $4.80 and that's the only place I've seen them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! Reminds me of a blue version of Zoya Storm! yummmmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...