Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Professional Mani/Pedi Day!

School's getting into full swing, and the past week and half have been full of tests for me.  Kinda weird, since I'm so used to the quarter system, where I'd barely be starting school right now.  Anyway, when my cousin asked if I wanted to get a mani/pedi last Thursday, I decided to go for it.  I really needed a pedi, as the bottoms of my feet were getting a bit rough.  And that was only what I was going to get done...but for $5 more I could get a mani too, so...I did. lol

The nail salon was small and didn't have the greatest selection of polishes.  No OPI and only one Essie or China Glaze here and there.  I chose a polish from a brand called Lily (I think...the name was a bit hard to read).  I didn't bring my camera, so I couldn't take a picture of it.  But, it looked like a duochrome in the bottle, as it was a ruby red color that flashed orange a lot, and was called Ruby Frost (I think, lol).  It looked like a great fall color!  But when it got on my nails, all that orange was lost...it was just a straight ruby red color with red shimmer.  Still gorgeous though and a nice color for fall!

left hand, natural light

right hand, natural light

Definitely glad I got the manicure, since my cuticles really needed the clean up.  Now I just have to remember to keep them moisturized, as I am prone to really dry, icky cuticles.  The service was good, though the lady working on my nails didn't talk much.  This isn't the place I would usually get my nails done at (when I do get them done), but I might go back.  If I do, I'll have to remember to bring a polish from my own collection...

I'm going to keep this on my nails for a few more days to make it seem like I'm getting my money's worth, lol. But I'll be back to swatching polishes soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...