Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thrifting Adventures

Yesterday, I decided to do a little a thrifting.  I have never really gone thrifting before, except for shopping at a Salvation Army once, so I decided to make a day of it.  My Salvation Army experience was pretty good, so I had high hopes for the day.  Unfortunately, my hopes were not met.

Since I'm pretty much starting from scratch and don't know any good thrift stores in the LA area, I decided to start with the "bigger" ones, like Goodwill.  I went to a Goodwill that's a bit further away from where I live, hoping that there would be better finds.  No such luck!  I found this dress that was too big, but I liked the print and was willing to reconstruct it into a nice shirt.  But I couldn't get over the pricing...I felt like their pricing was pretty expensive!  $7.99 for the dresses!  For 5 dollars more, I could probably get something new from Forever 21 or H&M.  It was the same thing at the next place I went to, "Out of the Closet".  Found a dress there I kinda wanted, but it was $8.50!  And it was from Target's Xhilaration line, which I could probably get a new dress from for a few dollars more.  =.=;;  I know that they're trying to make some money for a good cause, but it's still a bit pricey for used items, IMO.  And besides, Salvation Army was not that pricey, that one time I went!

I don't know...maybe my expectations were too high, hoping for to get some super cheap steals.  But I always hear people finding such great deals, really cheap.  Shirts for $1 or 2, dresses for $3.  What thrift stores are they shopping at?!  I guess I need to do more research!

Have you guys been thrifting before?  What was your experience like?
Also, if you know any thrift stores I should check out in the LA area, let me know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, no good finds? I know...we need to find where the real deals are at!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...