Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jesse's Girl Julie G Collection (Part 1) - All Things Girly, Fashion Friday, Mermaid's Lagoon


Today, I have swatches of 3 polishes from the Jesse's Girl Julie G Collection.  I was super excited when I heard that Julie G would be collaborating with Jesse's Girl to release her own nail polish collection.  In case you don't know, Julie is a beauty guru on YouTube and a nail polish lover, creating makeup tutorials as well as nail tutorials.  She was one of the first gurus I subscribed to, when I started my makeup adventure, and I think she's great!

There are 8 colors in this collection, and all were created by Julie personally.  Each color and the name of each have meaning, which Julie talks about in her video.  Though all the colors are pretty, I only walked away with 6 out of the 8.  I didn't get Party Dress, because I don't usually wear red, and Cupcake, because I feel like I have that color already.  Anyway...I actually only wanted two at first: Beauty Guru and All Things Girly.  But after looking at swatches, I decided I liked other ones too, lol.

First up, All Things Girly:
in the shade

in the sun

This was one that looked absolutely gorgeous to me, when I first saw Julie's video revealing her collection.  It is a nice peachy creme color.  Unfortunately, I didn't love it so much on me.  My nails did not want to play nice with this polish, and I ended up with streaky polish on.  It did kind of even out after I applied Seche Vite as a top coat.

Next is Fashion Friday:
in the shade

in the sun

Fashion Friday was not even on my radar, when I first saw this collection.  But after seeing some swatches, I changed my mind.  And I'm glad I did, because now I love it!  It's a bright magenta purple creme, and I think it's gorgeous.  I don't usually gravitate towards this type of color, so I don't own anything like it, but I may need to rethink which colors I pick up, haha!  The formula and application with this one was great!  No problems here!

Last, but not least, Mermaid's Lagoon:
in the shade

in the sun

trying to capture the shimmer

Mermaid's Lagoon was another one that I thought was pretty, but didn't plan on picking up.  I wasn't going to get this because it's a bright teal color that I feel I've seen a lot, and also own a lot of.  BUT, as I saw in several swatch pictures, it has hidden golden shimmer which makes it different!  The shimmer gives it extra depth, and makes it that much prettier.  The formula and application with this was okay.

All swatches are 3 coats of polish and 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat.

Jesse's Girl Julie G Collection is LIMITED EDITION.  It retails for $3.99, which is $1 more than regular Jesse's Girl polishes.  This collection is EXCLUSIVE to Rite Aid.
What do you think of this collection? Have you picked up any colors?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...