Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FOODIE FILES: The Grilled Cheese Truck

Last night I was watching an episode of Unwrapped, on the Food Network, and the topic was midnight snacks. The Grilled Cheese truck was featured on it, and I knew I just had to try it!  So I looked up their schedule, and found out where they would be tonight.  Then, I went truck chasing!  Found the Grilled Cheese Truck with a pretty long line, at Cal Tech.



Didn't keep track of how long we waited, but it was a while.  We ended up ordering and sharing the Fully Loaded, a Brie Melt, a S'Mores Melt, and tater tots.


The Fully Loaded, also known as the Mac and Rib Melt, was the best out of all the things we ordered.  It's Mac and Cheese with pulled pork.  I thought the pulled pork was really yummy and the best part of the sandwich. ^^


The next sandwich is the Brie Melt with smoked turkey.  It has brie, a fig paste, almonds, and of course, the turkey.  Honestly, I didn't really like this one.  I usually love brie, so thought I'd love this...but something about it just didn't mesh to me.  Having the fig paste in it was interesting though.  It gave the sandwich a little sweetness that makes it something unique.


The last sandwich we got was a dessert one, the S'Mores Melt with bacon.  It's made of marshmallow cream, nutella, crumbled graham cracker, and bacon.  For those who have never tried bacon with something sweet, you must!  It's actually really good.  Next time you're having bacon for breakfast, try dipping it in maple syrup.  Super yummy!  Anyway, back to the sandwich...this one was okay.  You could mostly taste the nutella and the bacon...there was lots of bacon.  But it was still good.


Overall, this was okay.  I liked the Fully Loaded, but could live without the other two.  Also, I just feel like...it's grilled cheese, and I could make that, lol.  So, I probably won't be chasing this truck again... 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...