Friday, July 22, 2011

BIRCHBOX: July 2011

So, I think most people know about Birchbox by now, but just in case you don't, I'll try my best to explain. :)  Birchbox is a subscription service.  You sign up and fill out a profile, and they send you a box filled with 4-5 deluxe samples of products.  Birchbox does cost $10 a month, though I think you may get a discount if you subscribe for the year.  The profile helps them choose products that will work for you, so not everyone will get the same items.  I believe the purpose of Birchbox is to give you the chance to try out different high end products for a longer time frame than just a regular sample.  Also, the samples are pretty good sized samples.

For July, Birchbox teamed up with Cynthia Rowley, who picked out some of her favorite things to include in the box.  So, here's what I got in my Birchbox this month:

in the box

closer look: fruit&nut bar, ahava mineral hand cream, zoya polish in shay, purity facial cleanser, redken shine flash 02 glistening mist

the card it comes with, listing & explaining products

the box came with this pretty wrapper this month

usually it's just the cardboard box, which is nice on its own too :)

and a little extra pic:
these were the products in my june birchbox

I'll be honest, my first Birchbox in March was a bit of a disappointment.  But I stuck it out, and decided to try it for another month, and it got better.  And it has been better and better.  

Are you subscribed to Birchbox? What do you think of it?

If you're not subscribed, and would like to help me out, please let me know your email and I'll send you a referral invitation.  For full disclosure, I do get points if you sign up through that email.  But you don't need a referral to sign up.  You can sign up directly through the Birchbox website.

P.S. To give you an idea of the size of the products.  The purity sample I got was 1 oz, and the full size is 16 oz.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I didn't know you subscribed to Birchbox~ seems like July's box was a winner. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm so happy I got a mini Zoya polish. ^^ The Birchboxes I've gotten since my first one have been pretty good. The May one came with a Stila eyeshadow and June came with the blush (as you see in the picture). :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...