Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 2013 Ipsy Bag




It's Ipsy time!  May's theme is Spring Fling.  The bag's print doesn't really scream "Spring Fling" to me...seems more of a summer kind of design, but whatevs.  It's still a nice design.  Love the colors together!



My bag came with 6 items this month: 5 regular products and 1 bonus product from Urban Decay!  I got the Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Luminizing Body Butter, Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Roll-On Perfume, Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink, Zoya Nail Polish in Blu, Yaby Concealer refill in Buff, and Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Intergalactic.  I think this was another great bag!  Ipsy is constantly stepping it up, and I'm happy to be subscribed with them.  I was especially excited to see a full-size Zoya polish in my bag!  And it was a color I'd been wanting!  

As with last month, not all bags were the same.  In fact, this month there seems to be more of a variety in products and colors.  This seems to be ipsy's attempt at personalizing subscribers' bags with their ipsyMatch.  The other products included: Anastasia Mini Clear Brow Gel, Pacifica Bronzing Body Butter, Macadamia Hair Healing Oil Treatment, Nume Finishing Serum, Mirabella Finishing Sheers Lipstick, St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion, Mirabella Perfecting Powder, Mirabella Shimmerati Glimmer Gloss, and Mirabella Lip Lustre Liner.  Also, there were different colors for the polishes (from the Lovely collection) and a different scent for the perfume.  Although I'm quite happy with what I got in my bag, I would have loved to have received the Macadamia Hair Healing Oil Treatment.  I have been wanting to try that brand for a while now, but it's quite pricey in my books...so I've been putting it off for another time.  Oh well~ no biggie. 

For swatches of the lip gloss and eyeshadow, click through. :)




The Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink  looks pretty dark in the tube, but after swatching, it doesn't look nearly as dark:


I haven't actually tried this on my lips yet, but from the swatch, the color looks pretty.  Also, it's not too sticky, which is nice.  This was one swipe, so I'd say it's pretty opaque too.  However, it does have a scent that I'm just not liking.  I can't pinpoint what it is, but my nose is not happy with it.


My bonus product was this Moondust Eyeshadow in Intergalactic from Urban Decay.  It's one of their newest products, and I got a full-size sample of it!  The color is a very pretty, sparkly purple.


Actually, now that I think about it, I got mostly full-size samples this month...which is very awesome for only paying $10.  And when you calculate that Zoya nail polish is $8...then I got the rest for $2?!  Sweet deal!  Anyway, that's it for this post!  I will have a swatch of Zoya Blu up in another post.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...