Friday, April 19, 2013

April 2013 Ipsy Bag


Sorry for not posting all this week!  My dog started to act unlike herself on Saturday, so we took her to the vet and I've been nursing her back to health.  It took a few days, but she's back to her old self now! :)

So today I have my April Ipsy bag!  It's been a while since I posted one of these...I should really try to be more consistent with my Ipsy bag posts considering they come every month, haha.


This bag's theme was Pretty in Pink.  It came in a white bag with a hot pink zipper.  Honestly, I'm not a fan of the bag.  I just know it's going to get filthy if I use it, so I'm probably going to end up not using it at all.  I think they should gone with a pink bag, since the theme is Pretty in Pink!


So this bag came with a long awaited product!  I always see requests for this product whenever I stop by the Ipsy Facebook page.  And that product is...


...BLUSH!  Personally, I didn't mind either way that there wasn't any blush yet.  However, I really didn't want to get another eyeliner, so I'm glad there wasn't one in this bag.  I feel like a lot of the previous bags had eyeliner, and you can only use so many at one time.  I don't like having a lot because eyeliner dries up.  Eyeshadow, on the other hand, lasts longer, so I don't mind getting one or two in each bag.

Anyway, this bag came with 4 items: Sation nail polish in Love at First Byte, Mica Beauty shimmer powder in Earth, Big Sexy Hair Powder Play, and the long awaited blush by Bombshell Cosmetics (in Sweet Cheeks).  Not all bags were the same this month, as some people got an eyeshadow duo by Two Cosmetics instead of the Mica Beauty one and some received Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal instead of the Powder Play.  I kind of wanted to try the Soy Renewal, but I don't mind getting Powder Play. I can always use more volume in my hair!  Also, the nail polish and blush came in two different colors.  The other nail polish color was in Of Corset I'll Call You and the other blush was in Beach Please.

At first glance, the blush I got in Sweet Cheeks looked like it would be a nice, wearable almost matte pink, with maybe a slight sheen or shimmer.


But when swatched, it's a different story:


It has quite a strong sheen, making it come off as shiny when swatched.  It's actually quite a bit more shiny than what the picture is showing.  But it is a nice shade of pink, so I will still give it a try on my cheeks and see how it looks.  Hopefully it will look alright and be usable as a nice blush. :)

The Mica Beauty shimmer powder in Earth seemed like it might make a good all over lid color, but then I swatched it:


As you can see, the color is barely darker than my skin.  It's also quite sparkly, so I probably won't be wearing this all over the lid now.  I think this would be good to pop on the middle of the lid though, for a bit of dimension.  This was swatched without primer, so maybe it will be more wearable with primer.

All in all, a pretty good bag.  I'm looking forward to trying the products.  I already had the polish that came in my bag, as well as the other polish, because I bought the Sation Miss Antoinette collection a few weeks ago.  It's in my "to swatch" pile, and I'm hoping to get it up within the next week or two since it is a Spring collection!  Keep an eye out for that! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...