Monday, May 20, 2013

SquareHue May 2013: Madonna Collection Swatches


Sorry about the delay!  I'm still getting used to the camera I'm borrowing.  I meant to get this post up around the time I received my SquareHue box, but the first swatch photos I took with the new camera came out crappy.  So I'm adjusting and playing with some settings, and I'm hoping the photos come out alright from now on!

Today I have swatches of May's SquareHue box.  Now I know why there wasn't any pink in the Bloom Collection...they were saving it for this month!  The Madonna Collection consists of 3 different shades of pink with 3 different finishes.


Okay, I'm not sure if this month's polishes really have names or not.  As you can see, the first line of each polish spells out Happy Mother's Day!  But they also have a second word that I thought was the finish of the polish, because it matched.  But maybe it's part of the name?  So they would be: Happy creme, Mother's pearl, and Day glow...?

First up is Happy [creme], which is a Barbie pink creme.  It reminds me of OPI Pink Friday, and I may do a comparison post later.  The formula on this one was a bit thick and application was a bit streaky.  I used 3 coats of polish and 1 coat of Seche Vite for the swatches below.




Mother's [pearl] is a pretty color, but it's my least favorite this month, mostly due to the fact that it's a pearl/frost.  I am not a fan of polishes with this type of finish because they usually end up a brushstroke-y mess.  This one was not too bad, but there were definitely visible brushstrokes.  I tried to use Seche Vite to smooth it out and cover up the brushstokes, and that kind of worked.  But still doesn't look great to me.  Other than that, the formula was not bad and I used 2 coats of polish and 1 coat of Seche Vite for the swatches below.


Last, but not least, is Day [glow], a raspberry crelly with a waxy finish.  I think the "glow" is because this a bit bright and would be great for summer!  This is my favorite of the three!  The formula was great and it was a dream to apply!  I applied two coats for the swatches below, no top coat.



This was my second box from SquareHue, and I'm still testing out the waters.  I haven't completely liked either of the boxes I received, so I'm still on the fence about keeping this subscription...especially since you don't know what you're getting until you get it.  Can't wait for June's box!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...