Thursday, March 22, 2012

Swatch: China Glaze - Dress Me Up & Luxe and Lush (Colours from the Capitol)

Tonight (well technically tomorrow morning) is the premiere of The Hunger Games movie.  Who's excited?  I am!  Unfortunately, I am not going to be a part of the midnight screening.  I have class tomorrow, bright and early.  BOO!  But hopefully I'll get to watch it soon...maybe even this opening weekend?  Who knows...I didn't buy my ticket early, so I'm not even sure if there's any left for this weekend, lol.

Anyway, to celebrate, I have swatches of 2 of the polishes from China Glaze's Colours from the Capitol (or Capitol Colors)!  Here are Dress Me Up and Luxe and Lush.

please excuse the boo-boo on my ring finger

Dress Me Up is a dusty brownish rose creme polish.  I hadn't originally thought to get this one.  But after seeing swatches, I thought it looked pretty.  Though nothing too special, it's still a nice nude color and perfect for work!  This color is meant to represent District 8 from The Hunger Games, which specializes in textiles.  The formula was great on this one, and it applied really well!  This is two coats.

And then I decided to try adding Luxe and Lush, to try and jazz it up!



Luxe and Lush, as you can see, is a flakie.  White iridescent flakes that flashes orange, green, blue, pink, you name it...the color depends on the polish underneath.  This was one of the ones I was excited about when I first heard that a Hunger Games collection was coming out.  But when I saw swatches, I was underwhelmed.  I decided to get it anyway, after seeing a pretty good swatch somewhere (can't remember now).  Though I love flakies, I'm not as much in love with this one.  I still like it, but it's more work.  This is one coat, but I had to maneuver the flakies to get a good scattering of them.  I think it looks nice with Dress Me Up, though.  This polish is supposed to represent District 1, which specializes in Luxury.

I have 3 more polishes from this collection, so hopefully I'll get to swatch them all this weekend, and post one every day in celebration of opening weekend. :]  But for now, I leave you with this:

I wore this ring today without thinking anything other than it would go with my outfit.  But then, when I got bored in class and started fiddling with it, I realized that it reminded me of the Mockingjay on the cover of the book, on Katniss' pin.  I'm definitely gonna wear this when I go watch it, now! :]

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...