Monday, July 16, 2012

SWATCH: Julep - O Canada!


Today I have a swatch of Julep's O Canada! polish, which I added on to my Julep Maven box this month.  It is a glitter polish, with mostly small round opalescent glitter and sparse red hexagon glitter in a clear base.  You definitely need a base color for this polish, I think. For these swatches, I used Julep Kate as my base.  I started with 4 coats of that and then applied 2 coats of O Canada!  

in the shade

in the sun

in the sun, a better view of the glitter

in the shade

in the sun

I'm not in love with it...I think layering it over white doesn't really do the opalescent glitter justice, since you can't really see it.  Also, the white polish doesn't look so great on my nails, to begin with.  I'll have to try it with other base colors and see if it grows on me...As far as application goes, I think it's pretty hard to mess up glitter polish.  It's very forgiving in application, and I've never had a problem with applying a glitter polish.  This is no exception!  It applied really well, so no problems there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...